Cully Automation are an Irish process control, automation and instrumentation company. We offer a full spectrum of services from the design and install of primary instrumentation, analytic and telemetry equipment to large scale process control and automation and are industry leaders in SCADA systems for water and waste water industry. Cully Automation offer services into various vertical markets with current primary focus on water and power industries with a plan to expand into further markets.
Role and Responsibilities
Cully Automation are recruiting for a Delivery Manager who will lead the Civil and Leakage teams. The role is accountable for quality and assurance of our Civil and Leakage projects – from requirements, scoping and design, delivery and services throughout the lifetime of the solution.
The successful candidate will report to the Managing Director and the role is based out of our Leixlip office with regular travel included. The position is a full time, permanent role and subject to a 6 month probationary period.
- Oversee contracts and projects at a high level from beginning to end, including budget, costs, unexpected events, general performance, and overall progress against plan
- Regular site visits to monitor project performance, schedule, and expenditures with project staff, highlighting potential challenges and providing leadership in responding creatively to bring projects in on schedule and under budget where feasible
- Participates with commercial team to understand client needs, to represent Cully Automation capabilities and help close new clients
- Reviews projects for unique challenges that will impact budget/profitability objectives
- Meet turnover and profitability expectations for delivery of Civil and Leakage solutions
- Ensure Civil projects are delivered and managed in accordance with Cully Automation project categorisation and delivery models
- Review project delivery against the models to eliminate scope creep, over engineering and excess documentation
- Oversee resource management function to ensure resources are assigned and utilised in an efficient manner
- Manage the performance of the delivery team as a whole against key metrics
- Ensure deadlines are met, and invoice plans are created and met
- Represent Cully Automation to Clients, Consultants, Government Authorities, Vendors and Subcontractors
- Provide Senior Management with a dashboard capable of displaying the current status of project delivery function
- Ensure Cully Automation standards, policies and processes are developed, applied and continuously improved within the Civil and Leakage functions
- Maintain an awareness of relevant current technology and ensure employees update their skills and knowledge with these new developments
- Skills development of Civil & Leakage teams, including delivery of regular informal and formal feedback, collaboration and learning sessions
- Proactively communicate with other site teams (H&S, contract, project controls, logistics) and to maintain good communication links, and ensure activity is well and timely reported
- Become the custodian of the technical reputation of Cully Automation
- The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time as necessitated by business demands
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Primary degree in an engineering discipline
- Experience in ensuring delivery of a variety of infrastructure projects to public and private sector clients in a busy office and on-site work environment, on-time and within budget
- Experience in a range of engineering management roles and particularly in the delivery and life cycle management of process automation infrastructure and SCADA platforms
- Experience of water and waste water industry including leak detection a distinct advantage
- Previous experience of construction related contracts and projects
- Experience in delivering minor civil projects
- Experienced in formal project management methodologies (PMI or equivalent)
- Proven leadership qualities and previous experience in managing a team of technical specialists, providing technical leadership and developing competence within teams around project management, asset management and contract delivery
Cully Automation Ltd is committed to its employees and offers competitive salaries along with benefits such as a performance related bonus scheme, 3% Pension contribution, Income Protection Insurance, Death in Service Benefit, Company Sick Pay Scheme, Learning and Development opportunities, Education Assistance Scheme, company vehicle, Bike to Work Scheme, company laptop, company phone and flexible working arrangements.
Cully Automation is an expanding Irish business that encourages career development and progression of their workforce.