Collen Construction is a family owned company, with a history dating back over 200 years and a reputation for building quality and excellence. The firm is currently ranked in the top ten main building contractors in Ireland, and has experience in private and public-sector projects, as design and build contractor, management contractor and joint venture partner.
The company’s portfolio includes projects ranging in value from under €1 million up to €700 million
•commercial office fit-outs •data centres •life sciences •industrial warehousing •retail •conservation •refurbishment
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the BIM Manager. The successful candidate will be required to have experience liaising with and leading BIM counterparts from design and construction teams in a collaborative environment from inception to handover of large scale projects.
- NFQ Level 6 minimum educational qualification in an AEC related discipline.
- 3+ years’ experience in the AEC industry.
- A proficiency in using BIM authoring tools (ArchiCAD or Revit) to develop models at prequalification and tender stages for use in bids and works proposals.
- Skills using coordination/review tools such as Navisworks to federate, coordinate, clash detect and produce
- The ability to use simulation tools such as Navisworks, aligned with project schedules/programmes to produce 4D simulations.
- DATA centre or other large-scale development experience (M+E experience in DATA centres will be beneficial) – Experience using BIM in conjunction with Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and Cost Breakdown Structures (CBS) will be beneficial.
- A thorough understanding of what is required by Level 2 BIM and the ability to produce all deliverables required by the mandate such as BIM execution plans, MPDTs, MIDPs, COBie outputs etc.
- Experience in Information Management (based on the principles of BS1192) and the use of CDEs and Data
management software tools such as Viewpoint, Vault, etc.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- The role will require personnel to work in conjunction with other departments within the company including Bid & estimating, Planning, Business development, and Quantity Surveying. Personnel will be required to work with senior Contracts and Project managers on site.
- A high level of professionalism with the ability to handle confidential information is crucial to this role.
- Strong time management and communication skills are essential to carry out the role as well as efficient organisational skills with the ability to administer tasks over multiple priorities.
- The ability to exercise good judgement in a variety of situations and comfortable working under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive and efficient.