BAM is one of the largest Main Contractors in Ireland and part of the international Royal BAM Group of the Netherlands. BAM Building ranks among the top two building contractors operating nationally and has carried out projects of the largest scale for the most prestigious of clients.
An opportunity exists with BAM Building for an MEP Coordinator based on our projects in the South East region.
The role is for a suitably qualified MEP Coordinator reporting to the Contracts Manager and the Building Services Department Manager. The candidate must have experience of managing all aspects of the Mechanical and Electrical works on complex building projects.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years’ experience within the construction sector.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing the M&E&FP installation to schedule and within budget whilst ensuring the high quality beyond zero culture.
- The candidate will chair weekly meetings with the M&E&FP contractors and keep regular minutes which will be circulated as appropriate.
- The candidate will track M&E&FP progress on a bi-weekly basis with a set of marked up drawings which will be kept on file and distributed to the BAM site contracts manager and the QS team.
- The candidate will develop a Resourcing Strategy & Resourcing Plan for the M&E& FP on the project.
- The candidate will develop an integrated system testing procedure with the team for life safety systems, operational work-up tests, systems proving and environmental testing.
- Ensure the M&E&FP contractor develops and prepares progress matrix’s for the following deliverables:-
- Factory testing of plant and equipment
- Procurement schedule
- RFI Schedule
- Off-site testing of software from BMS/FA
- Production of suppler method statements
- The candidate will manage the BCAR requirements as set out by the assigned certifier and attend regular walk downs with the certifier.
Monitor and report progress on;
- Vertical transportation systems installation and commissioning
- Flushing and water treatment
- Balancing of mech systems to Cibse guidelines
- Statutory electrical testing to ETCI and demonstrations
- Electrical System integration with client systems
- Arrange and attend system walk downs on completion with Independent testers.
- Handover documentation
- O&M Manuals production
- Record drawing production
Develop and manage the following;
- Commissioning Plan
- Commissioning Quality
- Commissioning Schedule
- Records & Preparation of O&M Manuals
- Work with contractors to develop and implement a BMS functional design testing regime
- Maintain and update variation logs
- Negotiate with the clients team on all aspects of the project
At BAM we are committed to learning and development and with our CPD accreditation from Engineers Ireland you can expect to build on your experience and skills in a supportive and challenging environment. Interested applicants should click on the application form below.
All CV’s are treated in the strictest confidence. BAM Contractors is an equal opportunities employer.